Thursday, March 30, 2006

Finished Products

Alrighty - as both my papers are finished I decided to post them both here on the off-chance someone will read them. (And because a friend of mine asked me to.)

The post entitled "Convention of Fools" is my paper reviewing Con no Baka, in which I compare it to Mikhail Bakhtin's notion of Carnival.

"Subversive Acceptance" is my (much) longer paper looking at the theories of Henry Jenkins, the seminal fan studies author, particularly in his book Textual Poachers, and comparing his theories to those of John Fiske.

(The links can be found in the sidebar.)

Both are written in garbled anthropology speak (or as near to it as I can manage), so I apologize to anyone not familiar with the jargon.

If you read them, please please PLEASE post a comment - I would love to hear from you, positive or negative!

No comments: